CHILD CUSTODY TIPS
Tips on Getting Custody of Your Child
1. Spend as much time as possible with your child.
2. Be involved in the day-to-day care-taking of your child: feeding, bathing, transportation, medical/dental care, schooling, activities, and other important events.
3. Do not alienate the child from the other parent or disparage the other parent in the child’s presence as the courts disapprove of that conduct.
4. Keep a log of all significant events involving the child and the other parent as you may have to recall these and testify about them later.
5. When you believe you will likely be splitting up with the other parent, seek a consultation with an experienced family law attorney asap to create a plan. The time in between your split and when you finally get to court carries significant weight in a judge’s determination of custody and visitation.